Olam Cocoa - Job DescriptionJob Title: Production Packaging Operator
Olam International is a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 70 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials to over 23,000 customers worldwide. Our team of 70,000 employees has built a leadership position in many businesses including cocoa, coffee, cashew, rice and cotton.
Olam, as a leader in Global Supply Chain Management of food ingredients is seeking a self-motivated individual for a critical position in our Bolingbrook, IL Cocoa Processing Facility and Warehouse. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly organized, detail oriented and thrives in a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Monitors equipment as 50 pound bags of cocoa powder are filled, sealed and palletized.
- Monitors process on a Control Panel to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Provide work direction for departmental employees.
- Work closely with Production team including maintenance technicians, warehouse, quality and management to resolve any issues.
- Provides leadership, instruction and technical skills so other team members can complete their tasks effectively.
- Responsible for equipment setup, troubleshooting and adjustments.
- Responsible for performing basic and routine maintenance.
- Responsible for obtaining production samples for quality analysis.
- Responsible for adherence to the production schedule.
- Responsible for use of correct packaging material and printing of labels.
- Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Has good communication skills with co-workers.
- Follow/Lead/Demonstrate Olam’s Safety and Quality principles.
- Operation in running equipment filling 50 pound bags a plus.
Duties and Skills:
- Operate Packaging equipment in a safe, productive and efficient manner at all times.
- General housekeeping, maintaining a clean and orderly work area to be in compliance with GMP and SQF Food Safety standards.
- Train new operators as needed.
- Assists in improving process as needed and recommend work instruction changes.
- Ensure that all production reporting is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- High School diploma, GED or higher.
- Computer proficiency to learn other applications with basic instruction
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Able to lift 55lbs
- Basic math skills
- Dusty and noisy
Olam offers medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid vacation and 10 paid holidays.